Explore Rotorua on your own
Departing from Tauranga we pass through Te Puke, the kiwi fruit capital of the world, forests, Lake Rotoiti and Lake Rotorua. Your driver will provide information on the destinations you could visit in Rotorua and the best options.
There are 5 main stopping points in Rotorua and we circulate 4 times during the day. We also offer a final collection point at the Agrodome to fit in with their last show if needed. We then return to Tauranga by a different route, through forests, into deep gorges, past farms and kiwifruit orchards.
You will be given a full info sheet on the day with a timetable that suits your tour departure time, which does vary from ship to ship. We also offer a discount of 10% off the usual ticket prices at our featured destinations.
We can also drop passengers at the River Rats and Raftabout rafting centre for their Kaituna rafting trips which is on the way to Rotorua. After rafting they will either drop you back in Rotorua City where you can join the shuttle back to Tauranga or meet the shuttle on its run back to the ship on the Old Tauranga Road if you have taken one of their longer excursions. If you want to try the amazing zip lining with Canopy Tours in Rotorua, then we can also drop you at their base after the first stop at Te Puia. We will then arrange to collect you at one of the above stops for your return to Tauranga.
There is no obligation to visit any destination, just cruise on the coach, take a walk around [plenty of things to see for free] visit the shops, buy a picnic to enjoy by the lake front etc.
Drop-off and Collection Points
- Te Puia (adjacent to Te Whakarewarewa thermal village, a 5 minute walk)
- Rotorua Information Centre (I-site) in the centre of the city
- Rotorua Lake Front (adjacent to Volcanic Air Helicopters and the Kawerau Jet Boat offices)
- Polynesian Spa – a world famous natural geothermal spa, which is also close to the Government Gardens, Bath House Museum and the Blue Baths
- Skyline Rotorua (adjacent to Rainbow Springs -2 minute walk and OGO, another version of the famous ZORB rides, a 10 minute walk)
Child (3 – 14 years): £49
Conditions: Prices are per person. Valid for travel until 30 September 2019. Prices were correct at time of submission but are subject to change without notice. Above stated prices include discounts (if applicable). Please enquire for full information.
Click here for our full terms and conditions.